By the turn of century in 1900s, Point Clark had become a popular location for picnics and day outings. The first cottage was built in 1913 by Wm. Bradley just north of the lighthouse, and in the same year Wm. Murdie of Lucknow built one south of the Lighthouse. This was followed by several families from Lucknow and in 1922 by Alf Murton built North of Wm. Bradley. In the 1920s more cottages sprung up around the lighthouse built by people from Listowel and Lucknow. These cottagers people with means where able to enjoy their summers in their seasonal residences. During the 1920’s and early 1930s the lighthouse was a gathering place for cottagers. George Jardine ran a small store and was open for a few hours in the evening. Dave Campbell a farmer would bring down a few cans of milk for the cottagers. There were ball games played beside the Leonard Cottage at that time. Mail was delivered to cottagers at a mailbox situated at Given Road (Present Day Lake Range Road) about 100 yards south of the Second Concession and cottagers would walk out to pick up their mail. The arrival of the automobile helped develop Point Clark as a cottage community.