929 South Kinloss Avenue
Lucknow, ON N0G 2H0
The Point Clark Beach Association commends anyone who puts their name forward for public office. Congratulations for this first step.
Thank you much appreciated.
• Why should we vote for you?
The community of Huron-Kinloss should vote for me because, I am a long standing member of this community. I am a caring, honest individual, who try their best. I want only the best for the members of this community.
Point Clark has very much become an Active Transportation area. Walking and biking are undertaken throughout the community.
• Do you believe the Township should invest in creating and improving active transportation trail systems in Point Clark?
Yes, this could be highly beneficial, and maybe even save a life.
• Would you be in favour of investigating a bridge between the Point Clark and Lurgan Beach communities?
This could be a possibility, and perhaps beneficial, I will have look at the pros and cons of this, and see what the costs and timing would look like.
Bylaw enforcement remains top of mind for many on the lakeshore. The method of handling is currently by complaint.
• Due to the nature of bylaw complaints, particularly on weekends, should the Township consider a more proactive approach to bylaw enforcement?
Perhaps, depending on what the circumstance, should the police be involved?
Taxes from the lakeshore area make up a substantial portion of revenue for the Township of Huron-Kinloss.
• Do you feel services and facilities available to the lakeshore area reflects this reality?
No probably not, we are in a rural area, and the taxes don’t cover great deal of what a municipality of this size.
• Do you believe Emergency Services such as fire and paramedics to be adequate for the growing
communities along the lakeshore?
No, but are they adequate for any small community?
Drinking water quality in the Point Clark area has become an issue of some concern to the community. And with the continued rapid expansion of the community, there will be continued pressure on this important system.
• Do you believe there should be an upgrade or change in treatment to the water system for Point Clark to ensure long term safe clean drinking water?
I believe there should be an upgrade to all drinking water systems everywhere in this county. The system that is in place, is not very efficient and not very sustainable.