2176 Concession 10
Ripley, ON N0G 2R0
The Point Clark Beach Association commends anyone who puts their name forward for public office. Congratulations for this first step.
• Why should we vote for you?
I will speak up at meetings on your behalf, not as a politician making false promises, and not because our CAO wants it! I feel the way it is now one person is making the decisions, and council is not speaking up!
Point Clark has very much become an Active Transportation area. Walking and biking are undertaken throughout the community.
• Do you believe the Township should invest in creating and improving active transportation trail systems in Point Clark?
• Would you be in favor of investigating a bridge between the Point Clark and Lurgan Beach communities?
I do not know where the land is available and the cost to maintain! I do know a person that we could approach for a price!
By law enforcement remains top of mind for many on the lakeshore. The method of handling is currently by complaint.
• Due to the nature of bylaw complaints, particularly on weekends, should the Township consider a more proactive approach to bylaw enforcement?
My daughter was the bylaw officer for a few years for Huron-Kinloss, and she worked 24/7 on call, but now that is not the case, because the new one requested not to work on weekends!! Again CAO decision??
Taxes from the lakeshore area make up a substantial portion of revenue for the Township of Huron-Kinloss.
• Do you feel services and facilities available to the lakeshore area reflects this reality?
• Do you believe Emergency Services such as fire and paramedics to be adequate for the growing communities along the lakeshore?
I think services are fair if they were managed right, but no one wants to work, just sit in office and get paid, no accountability!!
Drinking water quality in the Point Clark area has become an issue of some concern to the community. And with the continued rapid expansion of the community, there will be continued pressure on this important system.
I am just starting and do not know all the problems with water.
I just want to be your voice, as I don’t think we have had one for a number of years!