173 Bruce Road 7, RR 1
Ripley, ON N0G 2R0
• Why should we vote for you?
My family and I plan to call Huron-Kinloss Home for the rest of our lives and believe I have the right fortitude and ability to stand up for what is right and to be fiscally responsible. I am seeking the privilege of public office to be a fresh voice to elevate the community. Our legacy will become a regional model for a vibrant, equitable Township. I can be a strong ambassador, a champion, a connector,an advocate and I will serve with municipal superiority!
Point Clark has very much become an Active Transportation area. Walking and biking are undertaken throughout the community.
• Do you believe the Township should invest in creating and improving active transportation trail systems in Point Clark?
I will fully support a bike/walk trail system in the lakefront areas of the township, as you probably realize it may have to be completed in a staged approach due to budget restraints but none the less a great idea.
• Would you be in favour of investigating a bridge between the Point Clark and Lurgan Beach communities?
I understand this Bridge project was approached years ago and met some backlash from property owners near the crossing area, I would be willing to assist in taking on this challenge or look for suitable substitutions.
Bylaw enforcement remains top of mind for many on the lakeshore. The method of handling is currently by complaint.
• Due to the nature of bylaw complaints, particularly on weekends, should the Township consider a more proactive approach to bylaw enforcement?
Would an electronic reporting system be an improvement? I’m willing to listen to any suggestions to improve as some of these issues are urgent in nature.
Taxes from the lakeshore area make up a substantial portion of revenue for the Township of Huron-Kinloss.
• Do you feel services and facilities available to the lakeshore area reflects this reality?
I believe the current council tries to be fair, I’m sure if 70% of the tax dollars come from the lake area it probably isn’t proportional, but it should be recognized in all expenditure decisions.
• Do you believe Emergency Services such as fire and paramedics to be adequate for the growing communities along the lakeshore?
First responders are one of the single most important benefits we have, we can do with a broken up road but when it comes to a loved one or child needing care that takes precedence. I would be willing to work with the board to see if a satellite type building and vehicle could work in the current volunteer format.
Drinking water quality in the Point Clark area has become an issue of some concern to the community.
And with the continued rapid expansion of the community, there will be continued pressure on this important system.
• Do you believe there should be an upgrade or change in treatment to the water system for Point Clark to ensure long term safe clean drinking water?
I would like to believe our current water system is safe, drinking water is not something to be taken lightly as we all know. If the system warrants replacement then it should be placed into the multi-year plan to make it so,