Welcome to our new Website.
In 2021, the PCBA will be celebrating its 75th anniversary. And as we approach this milestone, it is perhaps worthwhile rereading the Charter creating our Association in 1946.
The founding names on the document are Alfred Murton, Robert Oliver and Emma Hulen, identified as a carpenter, coal merchant and high school teacher respectively.
The purposes and objectives of this new Association were spelled out as follows:
“To promote and develop social welfare, civic improvement, recreation and other nonprofitable purposes in the public interest and to establish, construct, acquire, manage and
operate such facilities as may be required for any such purposes.”
These are lofty goals. But it is fair to say that the PCBA has had a major effect on the development of our community and has continued to advocate on behalf of the citizens of our community.
Top 10 reasons to join the PCBA
- Opportunity to make the Point Clark area a better place to live, visit, work and cottage.
- A published Beach Directory that lists members, business and services and events.
- Facilitation of Beach Cleanup.
- Social events.
- Cottage patrol to ensure your cottage is safe and secure during the winter months.
- Information sessions on topics of importance to you as a Point Clark resident/cottager.
- Your liaison with Huron Kinloss Council, Ontario and Federal Goverments.
- Membership in FOCA (Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations).
- Liaison with other beach associations & community groups to facilitate support on major issues concerning Huron Kinloss or partnerships in events.
- Support local charities for the betterment of the Point Clark Community.