In the late 1940s and early 1950s, Sheills family sold land acquired to cottagers around the present day Attawandron road and Huron road areas. At that time, there was a road that went in front of the cottages and today it is still a road right of way that many people use as a trail to walk to and from the lighthouse.
In 1945-1946 the Point Clark Beach association was formed as non profit corporation. Alfred George Murton, Carpenter, and Robert Oliver, Coal Merchant, both of the Town of Listowel, in the County of Perth and Province of Ontario; and Emma Hulen, of the City of Niagara Falls, in the State of New York, one of the United States of America, School Teacher founded the Point Clark Beach Association. The first directors of the Point Clark Beach Association were Alfred George Murton, Emma Hulen and Robert Oliver. The first president of the Point Clark Beach Association was E.W. Hart. Today the Beach Association is still active and will be celebrating its 70th anniversary in 2016.